Monday, August 10, 2009

Chipotle Lime Chicken Succotash

I was very nervous about how this dish was going to turn out as I was making it.... It looked way less than appetizing..... With the corn, lima beans, shredded chicken, and salsa all mixed together it looked something like vomit.... Not to be too graphic or anything?! hahaha ;0)

It also never required that I empty the water that the lima beans and corn cooked in, next time this dish is made this is something I will make a point to do.

I actually ended up using a Pineapple/Manage Chipotle salsa which I think gave this dish and extra kick. The pineapple and mango, though not called for in the recipe, actually blended really well with the lime chicken flavors. I also served this dish with lime wedges and tortilla chips - I was a bit impressed with myself! hahahaa

This is def. a do-over dish... Michael discribed it as very good, but not quite gourment.... food snob! hahahahaha Just kidding he really did like and he's right I could have made it look a little better.... next time....

** He also noted that just since I have been doing this he thinks my cooking skills have improved!!! Score one for Suzi!!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment