Monday, August 10, 2009

Beef Salad and Lemon Vinegrette

We actually made this on Thursday evening... just now posting it due to a crazy weekend!!! It was actually very good!!! I mean it's a salad so of course it wasn't too hard to make. Michael decided a London Broil was the best type of meat for this salad. That was so easy - salt and pepper it and throw in the oven to broil. Then the rest of the salad was really what we typically eat anyways. Romaine lettuce, feta (we got the garlic flavored and it was yuuuummmmmy!), red onions, kalamata olives (not my cup of tea but a small amount of them chopped up was do-able), tomatoes, and the dressing. Now I gotta tell ya I am not someone who makes there on dressing - that seems just a bit over the top for me. Michael on the other had ALWAYS makes his own dressing and it is usually really really good.

This dressing consisted of olive oil, lemon juice and zest, minced garlic, orgeano, salt, and pepper. First I started with 1 3/4 cup oil when it really only needed 1 1/4 cup oil.... so you can guess how well the rest went... I finally ended up pouring out and starting over. By itself I didn't really care for this dressing, but with the salad and everthing it actually did bring everything together and was pretty good.

This dish was good, maybe a do-over but with some variations....

No comments:

Post a Comment