Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chicken and Spinach on Phyllo

Well let's just say this night wasn't exceptional. It started off rough though becuase I was irritated with Michael for going to the Gamecock's open practice rather than participating in my little experiment. But I quickly got over it because Emily came over to play and enjoy my dinner!!

This dish was not really what I expected it to be. (Note: make sure to fully read the recipes before deciding to make them!!) I was under the impression, due to the ingredients involved, that this was going to be similar to a spanicopita - very much not the case. This dish required that I sautee vegetables and spinach and place them on top of browned phyllo dough to serve. I was then supposed to drizzle balsamic vinegrette over top.

Emily determined that the dish was fine, but would maybe be better served as a side dish or if I could figure out to make into some type of appitzer. I agree I suppose, but I thought it was pretty blah tasting.... Next time maybe more BV or salt. And a little feta of course....


Isn't pretty much EVERYTHING better with cheese?!?!? ummm... yuuuummm.....

Probably a good thing Michael went to practice - I don't think he would have been much of a fan.

On a much more exciting note... Me and Michael, his parents, Emily and Travis, and several other people, have all gotten a tailgate spot together for the USC football games this year! So Emily and I spent the rest of the evening going through cookbooks and planning the menus for each game! SO EXCITING!!! I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment