Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lesson Learned... I think...



So I have not been very good with keeping up on my blogging!! I actually have been cooking a good bit lately... Michael and I are trying desperately to eat healthier - It is so hard!! This time of year is NOT conducive to dieting!!! Between tailgating, birthdays, the State Fair, Halloween, and then all really bad eating starts with the holiday season!!! Fortunately my sister gave me this really cool cook book for my birthday. Its Hungry Girl's 200 recipes that are under 200 calories... I have found some really cool recipes that are pretty tasty!! For example this one (great for kids - I would imagine- and those of you who don't like oatmeal!!) and it is only 185 Calories!!!




Choco-monkey Oatmeal




1/4 cup regular oats (not instant)


One 25 calorie packet Diet hot cocoa mix (Swiss Miss)


One-half medium banana, mashed


1/8 teaspoon cinnamon


1 no-calorie sweetener packet (Splenda)


Dash salt




Pour cocoa mix into glass with cinnamon, sweetener, and salt. Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved and 1/4 cup cold water and stir.




In a large microwave-safe cereal bowl, combine cocoa mixture with mashed banana and oats until mixed well. Micorwave 2 minutes.




Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!




It was a great way to start the day today!!!! :0)






On a different note - I have a question or maybe its a puzzle rather....




Last week I was baking in a glass dish (potatoes) in my oven at 400 degrees when DISASTER struck....



This happend:
Yep you are seeing correctly... We heard a loud pop and this is what I found! The glass baking dish had shattered in the 400 degree oven!!! Fortunately, we were baking potatoes (whole) so the food didn't go everywhere.... Any ideas anyone on why this would happen?????


Oh the mysteries of cooking.... well.... the mysteries of my cooking at least!!! hahahahhaha

1 comment:

  1. Is the dish pyrex? I've been hearing all about pyrex "oven safe" dishes doing this...

    We're all too familiar with this scene aren't we? ;)

    ReplyDelete